To maximize the functions of your CB radio, you would require the right Antenna. Quite a lot of antennas go well with CB radios, to whip antennas, magnet mount antennas, and many more. They all differ based on the attachment method you prefer. Here, you would know a lot more about best CB antennas and how to select the best.
TYPES OF CB ANTENNAS
- President electronic New York: This is delicately crafted with a stable magnetic base and an antenna design that’s angled with a modern touch. It stays put wherever you place it and so picks up every needed transmission. It is best when it comes to its magnetic base. It indeed might not feature the most extended range, but it sure can pick up transmissions from two miles or at least one without any issues or break.
- Wilson 305-38 CB antenna: This Antenna emits 300 watts of power capacity as well as a heavy-duty build. It is reliable and durable when compared to other antennas that you use with your CB radio. It is usually well rated by users. Most times, other antennas damage the paint of where they are fixed. Still, this Antenna makes sure not to leave scratches on the surface as long as you take it off very carefully.
- RoadPro RPPS -23KB: It is designed with 16-gauge copper wire, a 20- foot coax, and a buildup that is suitable for a mirror fixture. This Antenna is excellent when considering your 18- wheeler truck; it is the best option in this category even. A lot of antennas are mounted on roofs and plain surfaces, but this derives its uniqueness from being mounted on mirrors. It is compatible with a lot of mirrors, and so this isn’t an issue either. It can handle 1000 watt of power due to it’s 16- gauge copper wires.
- Tram 3-B- HC Fiberglass CB antenna: Just in case you are searching for antennas that are on a low side when it comes to the price, this is an excellent option. However, it is not recommendable for beginners but pro as it doesn’t come with a mount. On the bright side, it comes with a stainless steel whip antenna. It is also very durable.
- RoadPro (RP- 711) 24″ Magnet Mount CB antenna: This is one that can be defined as truly getting the worth of your money. It is truly more expensive, but it is designed with a beautiful mount, so it is quite easy to set up. You only have to place it on a good spot, and then it starts transmitting whatever it is you want it to. However, you have to decide that you want to leave it there for a while as it might not be so easy taking it easy away from that spot. It also comes with a durable coil.
- Tram 703- HC center load CB Antenna: This is known for its ability to pick up transmissions from a very long and wide range. The magnetic Antenna is a bit more resilient than others and, as such, can stand against high winds of about 80 to 100 mph. It also has a relatively low center of gravity due to its height and still picks up wave signal’s within a radius of 10miles.